PPRR Mission Statement
To cultivate health and fitness in the Pikes Peak region through a community of runners and friends.
The Pikes Peak Road Runners is dedicated to promoting and organizing running events in the Pikes Peak Region and surrounding Colorado areas. The club currently has approximately 1,700 members. Our club thrives on volunteerism. We encourage all members to donate sometime to help at races or other club functions. Volunteers earn special awards.
- Insight - Monthly newsletter provides race calendar, results and running tips
- Bargains - Members receive discounts at local running stores and at PPRR sponsored races.
- Friendship - There are nearly 1,700 members to share the pleasures of running, working or socializing.
- RRCA - Membership is automatic.
- Adventure - Fall Series of 4 incremental races leads runners through city parks seldom seen by others.
- Suspense - Winter Series offers a short and long series of 4 increasingly longer races. Weather, hills and altitude keep runners intrigued.
- Challenge - Nielson Challenge 2-mile run enables runners to check training progress the first Saturday of each month.
Membership is open to all those who share the goals of the Club. You can join using our Membership Form, or join the club using a credit card using our online membership system with RunSignup.com. An extra processing fee is added by RunSignup.com.
2021 Board of Directors
- Vice President
At-Large Board Members
Special Committees (special committee leads are also board members)
- American Discovery Trail Race Director
- Bulk Mailing
- Fall Series
- Kids Fall Series
- Garden of the Gods Training Runs
- Newsletter Committee
- Nielson Challenge Race Director
- Pony Express Race Director
- Race Coordinator
- Results/Timing Coordinator
- Scholarship Coordinator
- Super Half Marathon & Game Day 5K
- Trail Cleanup
- Turkey Trot Predict Race Director
- Two Shoes Trek Challenge
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Webmaster/Race Calendar
- Winter Series
- Women's Distance Festival
- Woody's Tortoise & Hare
- Advertising (Newsletter and Web page)
- Race Timing
- Hosting Race Applications (Newsletter and Web Page)